Sign up for our newsletter! Follow:
Field Hollers Yield Dollars
Field Hollers Yield Dollars is an exciting new podcast about the evolution of Rhythm & Blues into Rock and Roll in the United States. Featuring Jim Wood of DevlinPix' upcoming music-comedy The Front Man, this podcast is an informative, entertaining look back at our nation's storied musical history:
Blues was authored by America’s slaves, and grew into Rhythm & Blues as musical technology advanced. The underground “black music for black audiences” was unearthed by a handful of hip Caucasians, most of them smelling cash and none more endowed of this sense than Sam Phillips. Sam whitewashed the blues, brought us Elvis, and ushered in a mega-millions era of “Rock & Roll” that ensured the death of R&B and forever merged artistic integrity with tin-eared marketing muscle.
Jim Wood has 5000 R&B records, and he recounts the bittersweet tale of the birth of “America’s music” with opinion and dialog as bold as the best Wynonie Harris records.
DOWNLOAD: Title Card (Full Res) | Photo of Jim Wood (Full Res) | Press Release (DOC) (PDF)
Check out our films:
- ‘The Zookeeper’s Wife’ Director Niki Caro Has a Plan for Fighting Hollywood’s Gender Gap
- Universal Surprises With ‘The Fate of the Furious’ Screening at CinemaCon
- ‘Silicon Valley’ Season 4 Trailer and Poster: Is This the End of Pied Piper?
- Charlize Theron’s ‘Atomic Blonde’ Shows Off Electric New Footage at CinemaCon 2017
- The ‘Twin Peaks’ Theme Song Gets a ‘Seinfeld’ Makeover — Listen