Sign up for our newsletter! Follow:
Rockin' Brunswick - Jigs and the Pigs - "Daddy" (3 of 12)
Posted by Paul Devlin:
Jim Wood (of my upcoming movie The Front Man) loves the intro to this piece from Rockin' Brunswick.
“Uh, the song “Daddy,” is really about my father”. Classic Jigs. Also a heartfelt song.
Jigs grew up near me in a family of 12 kids, 6 boys and 6 girls. Many of them are musicians.
They were an amazing family, an inspiration to a lot of us in our hometown. But no doubt there were a lot of challenges in a household that big. Jigs’ mother, Phyllis, wrote all about it in her book, When You Come to the End of Your Rope, There’s Hope.
Jigs’ father, Sal Giglio, died last year around Christmas time. As Jigs put it, his father “pulled off the perfect death” - at home, with an opportunity to say goodbye to his family. He will be missed. A sad occasion, but also the first time in years all 12 Giglio “kids” were all together. I had the honor of taking this photo of the entire family.
- Carrie Fisher as Princess Leia Remembered as a Symbol of Resistance at Women’s Marches
- ‘A Ghost Story’ Review: Casey Affleck and Rooney Mara Star in David Lowery’s Best Movie
- ‘L.A. Times’ Review: An Occasionally Funny Riff on Frustrated (and Frustrating) Angelenos – Sundance 2017
- IndieWire and Chase Team for the Sundance Lounge: See Photos From Day Two of Elizabeth Olsen and More
- ‘Fun Mom Dinner’ Review: Even Toni Collette and Bridget Everett Can’t Save This Buddy Comedy — Sundance 2017