Sign up for our newsletter! Follow:
Rockin' Brunswick - Jigs and the Pigs - "Daddy" (3 of 12)
Posted by Paul Devlin:
Jim Wood (of my upcoming movie The Front Man) loves the intro to this piece from Rockin' Brunswick.
“Uh, the song “Daddy,” is really about my father”. Classic Jigs. Also a heartfelt song.
Jigs grew up near me in a family of 12 kids, 6 boys and 6 girls. Many of them are musicians.
They were an amazing family, an inspiration to a lot of us in our hometown. But no doubt there were a lot of challenges in a household that big. Jigs’ mother, Phyllis, wrote all about it in her book, When You Come to the End of Your Rope, There’s Hope.
Jigs’ father, Sal Giglio, died last year around Christmas time. As Jigs put it, his father “pulled off the perfect death” - at home, with an opportunity to say goodbye to his family. He will be missed. A sad occasion, but also the first time in years all 12 Giglio “kids” were all together. I had the honor of taking this photo of the entire family.
- Telluride: Hilary Swank on Her Comedy Roots, How She Picks Roles and Why She Acts
- The 13 Indies to Watch on VOD This September
- Watch: The Most Ragtag Misfit Outcast Supercut Ever
- Why Kelsey Grammer Didn't Want to Do Television Again, And What The Prospects Are for 'Partners'
- Project of the Day: 'The Life & Death of an Unhappily Married Man'