Sign up for our newsletter! Follow:
Rockin' Brunswick - Jigs and the Pigs - "Daddy" (3 of 12)
Posted by Paul Devlin:
Jim Wood (of my upcoming movie The Front Man) loves the intro to this piece from Rockin' Brunswick.
“Uh, the song “Daddy,” is really about my father”. Classic Jigs. Also a heartfelt song.
Jigs grew up near me in a family of 12 kids, 6 boys and 6 girls. Many of them are musicians.
They were an amazing family, an inspiration to a lot of us in our hometown. But no doubt there were a lot of challenges in a household that big. Jigs’ mother, Phyllis, wrote all about it in her book, When You Come to the End of Your Rope, There’s Hope.
Jigs’ father, Sal Giglio, died last year around Christmas time. As Jigs put it, his father “pulled off the perfect death” - at home, with an opportunity to say goodbye to his family. He will be missed. A sad occasion, but also the first time in years all 12 Giglio “kids” were all together. I had the honor of taking this photo of the entire family.
- In the Age of Auteur Television, What Does It Mean to Be a Director?
- 'Birdman,' Richard Linklater & JK Simmons Explode in Post-Oscar Buzz Infographic
- Watch: Adam Carolla Gets Sassy on a Plane in Exclusive 'Road Hard' Clip
- Watch: 'Bates Motel' Gets Psycho in Season 3 Teasers
- Adrian Grenier and Josh Zeman Team Up to Embark on a Quest for Find the 'Loneliest Whale in the World'