Sign up for our newsletter! Follow:
Spin Doctors, Jimmy Olsen Blues
Posted by Paul Devlin:
Spin Doctors were one of my favorite bands in the late ‘80s early ‘90s when I had recently moved to New York City. They played 3,4,5 times a night, often in my neighborhood in the East Village and always put on a great show. I remember one at the old Nightingale’s club on 2nd Avenue, that was so packed the audience filled the small stage and the band stood on their amps, hovering above a sea of fans as they played. Whenever friends came to town, I knew I could show them a great time by bringing them to a Spin Doctors show.
Then Pocket Full of Kryptonite came out and the band went huge, and didn’t play in the neighborhood as much. But when the music video for “Jimmy Olsen Blues” came Chromavision, where I was freelancing, I jumped at the chance to online edit it.
I think there are later versions out there, but this is the one we delivered. Pocket Full of Kryptonite is celebrating its 20th anniversary and Spin Doctors are going back out on a world tour.
- Aaron Sorkin Stunned by Hollywood’s Diversity Problem, Offers Help Any Way He Can
- ‘Beauty and the Beast’ Tops Box Office as ‘Power Rangers’ Comes on Strong
- ‘Iron Fist’ Star Jessica Henwick Reveals Why She Joined the Show Amidst Whitewashing Controversy
- ‘Power Rangers’ Cast Members Want a Female Green Ranger for Sequel
- ‘A Brief History of Hollywood Whitewashing’ Video Traces Controversy Before ‘Ghost in the Shell’ — Watch