Sign up for our newsletter! Follow:
INTRO TO BLAST!
Posted by Paul Devlin:
Exposition can be deadly to a story and set up in a movie is always a challenge. This is especially so when you’re trying to set up science for a general audience. It took a long time to get it right, but I think we did a decent job with set up in my movie BLAST!.
Of course it helps to have some good tools to work with. This clip has catchy music that establishes a lively pace, and it help to be able to use high-end NASA animations of space, and intriguing lines like “We want to look back in time...” Best of luck with setting up your movies!
- ‘The Leftovers’: How The Producers Enlisted a ‘Perfect Stranger’ For Season 3’s Most Important Scene
- ‘The Leftovers’ Review: Episode 2 Redefines the Series as Carrie Coon Delivers an Astounding Solo Show — And Takes Control
- Roger Stone Makes Surprise Tribeca Appearance, Says He Talks to Trump ‘From Time to Time’
- Review: ‘Get Me Roger Stone’ Is An Essential, Infuriating Portrait Of The Political Supervillain Behind Donald Trump — Tribeca 2017
- Box Office Plummets: ‘Fate of the Furious’ Falls, as Five Fresh Films Fail to Fly