Sign up for our newsletter! Follow:
Freestyle - "Rage" (10 of 14)
Posted by Paul Devlin:
A concise history of hip hop’s emotional and culture roots.
The Making of Freestyle (continued)
Director Kevin Fitzgerald’s love of hip hop and freestyle was pure and passionate. His production company was called Organic Films, and that’s exactly what the movie Freestyle was. It was a fluid work, ever changing. Kevin would take the current version of the movie, and screen it at a hip hop event. Of course, all the freestylers would show up and start cyphering on the street after the screening. Kevin was there with his camera, capturing it all. And those performances would be incorporated into the next version of the movie! He would screen that version and the process would start all over again.
- ‘Beauty and the Beast’ Claymation Origins Story: Watch the Disney-Approved Short Created by a 12-Year-Old
- Debbie Reynolds and Carrie Fisher Memorial Service — Watch Live
- ‘Twin Peaks’ Mysterious Cherry Pie Billboards Appear Across the Country
- Liam Neeson, Anna Kendrick and More Audition to Be Stephen Hawking’s New Voice in Hilarious Red Nose Day Sketch
- ‘Attack on Titan’ Season 2 New Trailer: Humankind Faces Off Against Flesh-Eating Beasts