Sign up for our newsletter! Follow:
Freestyle - "Cypher" (7 of 14)
Posted by Paul Devlin:
Get inside the “cypher,” the energetic core of freestyling, climaxed with an exhilarating performance from Mos Def!
The Making of Freestyle (continued)
Kevin was in California much of the time, so Henry and I collaborated on the re-edit in NYC, first working in his apartment near CBGBs, then finishing up in my apartment in Stuyvesant Town. The challenge was to find some kind of a story within the random performances and interviews. We started by organizing the material into chapters. Then we dug deeper into the footage. We found an interview of hip hop impresario Bobbito, which had never been digitized or synched. It was a goldmine!
- ‘Beauty and the Beast’ Claymation Origins Story: Watch the Disney-Approved Short Created by a 12-Year-Old
- Debbie Reynolds and Carrie Fisher Memorial Service — Watch Live
- ‘Twin Peaks’ Mysterious Cherry Pie Billboards Appear Across the Country
- Liam Neeson, Anna Kendrick and More Audition to Be Stephen Hawking’s New Voice in Hilarious Red Nose Day Sketch
- ‘Attack on Titan’ Season 2 New Trailer: Humankind Faces Off Against Flesh-Eating Beasts