Sign up for our newsletter! Follow:
BLAST! - BBC Weekend World
Posted by Paul Devlin:
One of the amazing things about the shoestring movies made by independent filmmakers, is the disproportionally vast reach and impact they can have.
BBC World News is available in over 120 countries. Impossible to collect ratings information but based on surveys, they claim an overall viewership of 70 million per week across the planet.
After BBC World started acquiring independent films from BBC's Storyville strand, both Power Trip and BLAST! had what amounts to GLOBAL broadcasts on the channel, 4 screenings over a weekend.
When they also invited me to do this interview for the news program Weekend World I jumped at the chance to reach that many people.
- Aaron Sorkin Stunned by Hollywood’s Diversity Problem, Offers Help Any Way He Can
- ‘Beauty and the Beast’ Tops Box Office as ‘Power Rangers’ Comes on Strong
- ‘Iron Fist’ Star Jessica Henwick Reveals Why She Joined the Show Amidst Whitewashing Controversy
- ‘Power Rangers’ Cast Members Want a Female Green Ranger for Sequel
- ‘A Brief History of Hollywood Whitewashing’ Video Traces Controversy Before ‘Ghost in the Shell’ — Watch