Sign up for our newsletter! Follow:
BLAST! - BBC Weekend World
Posted by Paul Devlin:
One of the amazing things about the shoestring movies made by independent filmmakers, is the disproportionally vast reach and impact they can have.
BBC World News is available in over 120 countries. Impossible to collect ratings information but based on surveys, they claim an overall viewership of 70 million per week across the planet.
After BBC World started acquiring independent films from BBC's Storyville strand, both Power Trip and BLAST! had what amounts to GLOBAL broadcasts on the channel, 4 screenings over a weekend.
When they also invited me to do this interview for the news program Weekend World I jumped at the chance to reach that many people.
- ‘The Leftovers’: How The Producers Enlisted a ‘Perfect Stranger’ For Season 3’s Most Important Scene
- ‘The Leftovers’ Review: Episode 2 Redefines the Series as Carrie Coon Delivers an Astounding Solo Show — And Takes Control
- Roger Stone Makes Surprise Tribeca Appearance, Says He Talks to Trump ‘From Time to Time’
- Review: ‘Get Me Roger Stone’ Is An Essential, Infuriating Portrait Of The Political Supervillain Behind Donald Trump — Tribeca 2017
- Box Office Plummets: ‘Fate of the Furious’ Falls, as Five Fresh Films Fail to Fly