Sign up for our newsletter! Follow:
2002 French Open Teaser
Posted by Paul Devlin:
I love those calls: “Hey can you come to Paris for a few weeks, and help us edit some tennis.” Hell yes!
The call came from Woods Communications, who had been hired by ESPN to help them cover the 2002 French Tennis Open (Roland Garros). I met Tom Woods when I was working for ABC/ESPN/ESPN2 editing World Cup Soccer in Paris. Tom and his brother Ian, are two Americans who set up shop in Paris years ago, servicing American sports networks in Europe. Fantastic business model and very clever guys. I also worked with them covering the Tour De France for CBS.
All that work in France made me fall in love with the place and I try to get back at least once a year, even when I’m not working there.
- Aaron Sorkin Stunned by Hollywood’s Diversity Problem, Offers Help Any Way He Can
- ‘Beauty and the Beast’ Tops Box Office as ‘Power Rangers’ Comes on Strong
- ‘Iron Fist’ Star Jessica Henwick Reveals Why She Joined the Show Amidst Whitewashing Controversy
- ‘Power Rangers’ Cast Members Want a Female Green Ranger for Sequel
- ‘A Brief History of Hollywood Whitewashing’ Video Traces Controversy Before ‘Ghost in the Shell’ — Watch